retro-blogging: another note

I have pretty limited access to internet while I’m cycling about in the wilderness. I try to post when I can but it is always easier when I am somewhere for a few days and I am currently riding down the Cassiar Highway which is pretty remote.

At the moment my posts are about a week and half behind real life. You can check my physical progress on the map here.

Since I have discovered that I can edit the time code of posts I tend to post things dated when they happened rather than when I post them. So new posts may well appear with old dates – take some time to wander around to make sure you don’t miss out on anything.

1. javier | August 13, 2009 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

Glad that everything is going well up there. The photos look better and better, and the texts are great. All the best from your friends

2. anna | August 15, 2009 at 4:29 am | Permalink

Hi Javier, hope your trip is going well, too.

3. julie | August 15, 2009 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

Just catching up again after being away for 11 days – julie xx

4. kenny joe | August 20, 2009 at 4:38 am | Permalink

i stopped & was taking photos in a silver car just before Johnsons Crossing, i am here in Kamloops Bc. Send me an email, for the pics, or stop by for some food.
    Kenny Joe

5. Jakub | August 21, 2009 at 10:56 pm | Permalink

Good luck Anna. Thinking about you. Really glad to see the trip is going well. You are going FAST. You’ll be in Vancouver in no time.

6. Tom (and Bridgette) | August 22, 2009 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

Hello Anna! I feel honored to have met and spent a little time with you in Palmer, and thank you for the kind words about us in your blog a while back. I’ve been reading your blog periodically, and the one thing that you always express so eloquantly is the kindness of people you meet along the way. I was particularly inspired to comment just now after reading that one of your hosts “administered gin and tonic” which cracked me up! But that sort of perfect kindness is the “thing” of touring that I most love, though I have no illusion that I am truly a novice at touring so far. It really is more of a way of life, not just an activity. Thank you for inspiring me. Take care, stay well, and I’m sure I’ll drop a note again as you continue along your journey. (If I’ve attached this note to the wrong entry, my apologies.) Tom

7. Ernest and Helen | August 22, 2009 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

amazing trip, we really admire your energy. very interesting story, you meet some real characters, Alaska seems a different world.
    Andrew and Judy are getting married on Sept. 6, there will be another baby grandchild in December!
    Have you lost your trip partner?
    All our best,
    Ernest and Helen

8. anna | August 22, 2009 at 11:10 pm | Permalink

Kenny Joe, it would be great to get your photos of me – I’ll drop you a line.

Jakub, nice to hear from you – hope all is well back in Prague. Melda told me my belonging are still cluttering up your lounge room.

Tom, lovely to hear from you – I was inspired by my meeting with you and Bridgette. I hope your tour of the Oregon coast was wonderful.

Ernest and Helen, congratulations on the new grandchild. (Yes, I did lose my travel companion – three and half days was all it took.)

9. Lin | August 24, 2009 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

Hi Anna, the girls came back from Taiwan and we miss you a lot. All the best, Lin

10. anna | August 24, 2009 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

Hi Lin, nice to hear from you – I hope all is well in Prague. I miss you all, too.

11. Phuong | August 28, 2009 at 3:41 am | Permalink

Hi Anna,

I just went to the Going South blog only to find that you’ve gone your separate way. Hope you’re doing well and I think it’s awesome you’ve chosen to continue your journey!

Oh, and great work on the recipes! Perhaps you could come back and publish a whole book on “food on tour”?!