cuba, finally

I am going to fly to Cuba on Sunday and I will stay for a month. I’m guessing my access to internet will be severely limited, if not entirely non-existent, while I’m there so there will be a little hiatus in the blog for the period.

1. Babs | July 31, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Permalink

Hooray!!!!!! Hooray!!!

2. Jonathan | July 31, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

Fantastic – hope you have a great time – am very envious as I have recently heard and read quite a lot about their education system which from what I have heard offers truly universal education of quality – demonstrating what is possible when there is genuine political will and not just political strutting.

3. anna | July 31, 2010 at 11:19 pm | Permalink

I’m surprised (but pleased), Jonathan, by that statement. I didn’t think you veered so far to the left.

4. Seth | August 5, 2010 at 5:30 am | Permalink

Enjoy your trip to Cuba!!!

5. Nicky Coles | August 16, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Permalink

Anna
    Fascinating and beautiful stuff. I’ve just spent an hour or two catching up with you and loved it. It reminds me of my minimal solo bike trip in about 1984 across Switzerland from Geneva to the Rhine in Germany – my first real adventure in years and one that showed me I could do fun things on my own after years of being a diplomatic wife and mother. (Well, it wasn’t always fun – but always challenging and interesting.) Like you, I took photos with bicycle (plus red paniers) in the foreground! I love your photos: the big expanses of sky and cloud, the shots of track conditions and the details of wild life and also of artefacts like the shiny bean thing. And was glad to catch up with Zanny’s doings by way of your blog.

I met two guys who are cycling the world the other day – except that they are using boats and trains etc. to jump whenever they feel like it. Not at all obsessive or purist. They seem to have something of a mission to create peace in the world and are carrying a projector and doing talk shows on the way. Chris (UK) and Roland (Aus). Seemed interested in what you are doing so I gave them your website details. I think they are called http://www.ride the world…

Do they say buon coraggio in Spanish? I don’t need to wish you that as you have it in heaps. Especially when things get boring and confusing – that must be the worst. I’d better stop. Love from Nicky

6. nicola | August 21, 2010 at 11:35 am | Permalink

I hope you’re having an interesting time in Cuba. I can’t wait to see your photos. Is it strange being somewhere without advertising billboards everywhere? I’m looking forward to chatting to you online when you’re back somewhere with Internet access. Nicola