on silence

It’s been a long pause and I offer no excuses. By way of explanation, I can only say that my life has taken a turn that I don’t particularly wish, for the moment, to hold up to public scrutiny. I’m not being secretive it just doesn’t seem to be of broad or absorbing interest to anyone but me.

UPDATE: In view of a few comments expressing concern in response to the statement above I’m publishing a few reassuring photos. I’m fine. Really.

See! All is good. Green grass, grazing horses, crazy upside down pine trees.

Nice horses. Trust me, these guys are super models.

A good friend of mine, and a talented writer, has this to say about horses:- "I once was a one who knew about horseflesh,…bicycles are simpler; they are mute and their personalities are subdued but a horse…well, that is a relationship that will get you close to heaven and then break your heart worse than it has ever been hurt before."

Let’s see.

1. Patrick | December 20, 2014 at 11:41 pm | Permalink

Oh no! Hope it’s not something terrible! And if it is best of luck! I’ve been enjoying the blog!

2. anna | December 20, 2014 at 11:47 pm | Permalink

Hi Patrick! No, nothing terrible. Thanks for your concern :- )

3. Lucie | December 21, 2014 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Hi Anna,
    I am relieved to read here that it’s not something bad. So there are hopes that it is something good. That or that, I wish you good luck and all the best!
    Love,
    Lucie

4. Marten and karin | December 24, 2014 at 8:40 am | Permalink

Hello Anna, we wish you all the best and we think of you while baking apple pies. Till some day somewhere (could be in Holland) ciao

5. Derek Vertongen | December 25, 2014 at 3:52 am | Permalink

Happy holidays + best wishes, wherever you are. Here is an audio locator about my own current whereabouts.

6. tim joe comstock | December 25, 2014 at 10:25 pm | Permalink

Me too. I seem to be on some kind of blogular hiatus and just cannot seem to find enough interest in my own self to type anything up. Your post here seems rather ominous, though…

But then again, you say it is but a turn; one among a thousand…

yer pal,

tj

7. anna | December 25, 2014 at 11:07 pm | Permalink

Hey tj, Derek, Marten and Karen, Lucie, great to hear from you all. Merry merry ho ho and all that season’s greetings stuff.

I really am fine. I’ll post a few photos to reassure you all. Life is good. But as you say tj sometimes finding my own self worthy of text is a bit of a stretch.

I have been thinking about writing and blogging and all that quite a bit and if I do get back to the blog it will probably take on quite a different form. For the moment I am working on a few more ‘serious’ pieces but for the most part they are just cleaned up, more literary versions of some of the stories that have already appeared here so my regulars might not have that much exciting to look forward to.

8. Eric Geaslin | January 25, 2015 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

I miss you Anna!
    I’m sitting at home, dreaming about touring and traveling and always wondering what you’re up to and where you are going next.
    Rocky